The Academic Council
This council is the academic body of the university and have powers of control and general regulation of,. and is responsible for, the maintenance of standards of instructions, education and examination of the University, it has the right to advice the Executive council on all Academic matters. This Council consists of the following members namely:
- The VC of the University is the Chairman of of this council
- Three persons from amongst the educationist of repute or eminent public men, not in service of university, nominated by Chairman in consultation with the General Council.
- The Secretary-in-charge of Judicial Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh or his nominee not below the rank of Special Secretary;
- A nominee of the Bar Council of Uttar Pradesh
- All the Heads of the Departments of the University.
- All Professors other than the Heads of the Departments.
- Two members of the teaching staff, one each representing the associate professors/Asst. Professor and Lecturers of the University.
Power and Functions:
- To report on any matter referred to or delegated to it by the General Council or the Executive Council;
- To make recommendations to the Executive Council with regard to the creation, abolition or classification of teaching posts in the Sansthan and the qualifications emoluments and duties attached thereto; T o formulate and modify or revise schemes for organisation of the faculties and to assign to such faculties their respective subjects and also to report the Executive Council as to the expediency of the abolition or sub-division of any faculty or the combination of one faculty with another;
- To promote research within the University and to require, from time to time, report on such research;
- To consider proposals submitted by the faculties;
- To lay norms and to appoint committees for admission to the University
- To recognise diplomas and degrees of other Universities and Institutions and to determine their equivalence in relation to the diplomas and degree of the University.
- To fix, subject to any conditions accepted by the General Council, the time, mode and conditions of competitions for fellowship, scholarship and other prizes and to award the same;
- To make recommendations to the Executive Council in regard to the appointment of examiners and if necessary their removal and the fixation of their fees, emoluments and traveling and other expenses.
- To make arrangements for the conduct of examinations and to fix dates for holding them; To declare the results of the various examinations or to appoint committees or officers to do so, and to make recommendations regarding the conferment or grant of degrees, honors, diplomas licenses, titles and marks of honor.
- To award stipends, scholarship, medals and prizes and to make other awards in accordance with the regulations and such other conditions as may be attached to the awards.
- To publish list of prescribed or recommended text books and to publish syllabus of the prescribed courses of study. To prepare such forms and registers as are, from time to time, prescribed by regulations; and
- To perform, in relation to academic matters, all such duties and to do all such acts as may be necessary for the proper carrying out the provisions of this Act and the regulations.