The Executive Council
The Executive council is the chief executive body of the University. The administration, management and control of the University and the income thereof is vested with Executive Council which controls and administers the property and funds of the University. Executive Council consists of the folllowing members namely:
- The VC of the university is the Chairman of the Council.
- Three members of General Council, nominated by the Chairman of the General Council.
- The Chairman, Bar Council of India or his nominee
- The Chairman of the State bar Council, Uttar Pradesh.
- The Secretary-in-charge of Judicial Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh.
- The Secretary-in-charge of Finance Department Government of Uttar Pradesh.
- The Secretary-in-charge of Higher Education Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh.
- Two Eminent educationist nominated by State Government.
- Two person of social eminence nominated by the State Government.
- Two whole time Senior Professors of the University.
Power and Functions:
The General Council of the University consists of the following members:
- To create teaching posts in the University and to determine the qualifications, emoluments and duties attached thereto wit the prior approval of the State Government after considering the recommendations of the Academic Council:
- To appoint from time to time, Professors, Readers, Lecturers, other members of the Teaching Staff, the Librarian and such other members of the teaching staff as may be necessary on the recommendations of the Selection Committee.
- To create administrative ministerial and other necessary posts to determine the minimum qualifications and emoluments of such posts with the prior approval of the State Government;
- To manage and regulate the finances, accounts investments, property, business and all other administrative affairs of the University;
- To invest any money belonging to the University including any unapplied income, in such stock funds, shares or securities, as it may, from time to time, deem fit or in the purchase of immovable property in India, with the like power of varying such investments from time to time.
- To transfer of accept transfers of any movable or immovable property on behalf of the University; Provided that no immovable property shall be transferred to the third party without the prior approval of the State Government.
- To enter into, vary, carryout and cancel contracts on behalf of the University and for that purpose to appoint such officers as it may deem fit;
- To provide the buildings, premises, furniture and apparatus and other means needed for carrying on the work of the University;
- To entertain, adjudicate and to redress any grievances of the officer of the University, the teachers, the students and employees who may for any reasons, feel aggrieved;
- To appoint examiners and moderators, and if necessary to remove them and to fix their fees, emoluments and traveling and other allowances, after consulting the Academic Council;
- To select a common seal for the University and to provide for the custody of the seal:
- To make such regulations as may, from time to time be considered necessary for regulating the affairs and the management of the University and to alter, modify and to rescind them:
- To delegate any of its powers except the powers to make regulations to any officer or Authority either temporarily or permanently:
- To exercise such other powers and to perform such other duties as may be conferred or imposed on it by or under the University Act.