The General Council
Power and Functions:
- To appoint the VC the University
- To exercise the powers and functions of the University referred to in section 5 of DRMLNLU Act except where such powers are given to some other authority or officer of the University under the provisions of the Act:
- To review from time to time the board policies and programmes of the University and to take measures for the improvement and development of the University:
- To consider and pass resolutions as deemed fit on the annual report, financial estimates, annual accounts and the audit reports on such accounts:
- To delegate all or any of its powers to the VC or any committee or any sub-committee or to any one or more of its members.
- To perform such other functions as it may deem necessary for the efficient functioning and administration of the University
The general Council of the University consists of the following members:
- The Cheif Minister of Uttar Pradesh is Chairperson of General Council.
- The Cheif Justice of High Court of Judicature, at Allahabad.
- The Minister of Law Government of Uttar Pradesh.
- The Minister of Higher Education Government of Uttar Pradesh
- The Advocate General, Uttar Pradesh.
- The Chairman Bar Council of India
- The Chairman, State Bar Council, Uttar Pradesh.
- The Secretary-in-charge of Judicial Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh.
- The Secretary-in-charge of Finance Department Government of Uttar Pradesh.
- The Secretary-in-charge of Higher Education Department, Government of Uttar Pradesh.
- The VC of the University is Secretary of the General Council.