Eligibility and Criteria
Duration in years : 5 years
Intake : 160 Seats + 16 Seats NRI
Eligibility for Admission:
To be eligible for admission to the degree of B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) the candidates should:
- Have passed, the Intermediate/Higher Secondary School Examination (10+2) or an equivalent Examination from a University/recognized Board, securing in the aggregate not less than 50% of the total marks (for SC/ST category candidates - 45% of the total marks).
- Have been selected on the basis of Common Law Admission Test(CLAT).
- No candidate shall be admitted to the LL.M. Degree Course, unless he:
- has secured in the aggregate not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade
in all papers in the qualifying LL.B. (Hons.) (five years integrated programme) or LL.B. (three years programme) of a recognized University.
- has been selected on the basis of Common Law
Admission to the B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) (five years integrated programme) first year and LL.M. first year shall be made on the basis of Common Law
Subject to the provisions of section 17 of the Act, reservation in admission to various courses for the members of Schedule Castes, Schedule Tribes and Other Backward Classes of the State of Uttar Pradesh and other categories shall be provided in accordance to the rules of U.P. State Government. Horizontal reservation shall be admissible to persons with disability and dependents of freedom fighters as per Government rules.
Provided that if sufficient number of eligible candidates to the concerned reserved seats are not available, the unfilled seats shall be filled by the General category candidates on the basis of their merit/score in Admission Test.